Learn how to make Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Get the Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe and prepare the tenderest pulled pork.
You will get the perfect meal after following the recipe, the easiest way to make cooker Pulled Pork.
- 4 medium garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 boneless or bone-in pork shoulder 4-1/2- to 5-pound, also known as pork butt, twine or netting removed
- 2 cups barbecue sauce optional
Put the onions and garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker and pour in the stock or broth. Mix the sugar, measured salt, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Pat the pork dry with paper towels and rub the spice mixture all over the pork and place the meat on top of the onions and garlic.
Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender, approximately 6 - 8 hours on high or 8 - 10 hours on low.
Turn off the slow cooker and then remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl and Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer. Return the solids to the slow cooker. Place the strained liquid aside.
Remove the bones if the pork has one and discard. Use 2 forks to shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, throw away any large pieces of fat.
Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker. Add the barbecue sauce(optional), and mix to combine. Not using a barbecue sauce, take a spoon to skim and discard the fat from the surface of the strained cooking liquid. Add 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time to the slow cooker until the pork is just moistened. Season with salt as needed