Learn How to Cook Fried Rice At Home using these easy to follow steps. The most important tip in making fried rice is to use rice that has been previously cooked.
How to Cook Fried Rice At Home
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 small tomato chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon of chopped leeks
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of dania/cilantro stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- ⅓ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (you can use less if you don’t like it spicy)
- A pinch of sea salt
Preheat a large frying pan or wok to medium heat.
Add the olive/coconut oil and butter let the butter brown, about 1 minute, then the leeks, onions, tomato, dania/cilantro and peas..
Slide the onion, leeks, dania/cilantro, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
Season with a pinch of sea salt, cayenne pepper
Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
Add the fresh mint now if desired.