How to Make Delicious Salads : Vegetables and salads are often served as an after-thought, usually included just to show some green or balanced content. By making salads part of your main meals, you will be pleased by how much healthier your meals become.
Make a point of consuming raw vegetables as often as part of your food. The best way to do this is by making your salads as tasty and as presentable as possible. Here is a guide on how best to bring out salads every time.
How to Make Delicious Salads
1. Use salad dressing to add flavor and punch to your salads. Prepare two minute dressings as follows:
Use yogurt or mayonnaise, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch sugar, 1 pinch black pepper and one tablespoon white vinegar or lemon. Mix together and pour over salads.
Vinaigrette Dressing: (oil and vinegar)
Mix one part of vinegar or lemon to three parts olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. When using onions, slice them thinly and then soak in salty water for 10 minutes before adding to the salad.
3. Add fresh herbs to your salads for example dhania, mint, rosemary and tarragon.
4. Sprinkle some seasonings to your salads. Try black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
5. Add bits of fruits to green salads. Use pineapple, apples, raisins, avocado etc
6. When using courgettes and cucumber, slice then thinly and soak in salty water and then drain before use. This helps in removing bitterness.
7. Use a combination of greens and crunchy textured vegetables for a varied taste. For example add grated carrots, beetroot and snow peas to a green salad.
8. Rub your salad serving bowl with fresh garlic to impart a slight hint of flavor to the entire salad.
9. Experiment with different spices and herbs to prepare the dressing by simply adding a pinch to the basic dressings.
10. Dress your salads well just before serving.