Learn How to Make Mandazi At Home. This is a Great recipe for Home made Mandazi.
How to Make Mandazi At Home
- 3 cups of all purpose
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- warm milk
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- Lemon zest
- Whole cardamom seeds
- Vegetable oil
- Sift 3 cups of all purpose, using a strainer, sifter or fork.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda as the two work hand in hand to give a better
- Add the warm milk, 2 eggs, salt, black pepper, lemon zest and whole cardamom seeds,
mix gently making a slightly soft dough, just like a chapati.
- Cover with cloth and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes, it gets so much better with time and you can keep the dough in the fridge/freezer and use it later to great effect.
- Heat some oil in a sufuria over medium low heat and roll the dough on a floured surface. Cut into small 1 inch squares and then fry for about a minute per side.
- Remove and place on a kitchen paper towel to absorb the excess fat.