Learn How to Make Samosa at Home. Samosas are love by many people. The good news is preparing samosa is very easy. Follow these simple steps to make Samosa at Home
How to Make Samosa at Home
For Samosa Pastry
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- black pepper in grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- cup of cold water
For Beef Mince
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- small chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dania/coriander stalks
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh spring onions chopped (optional as they are seasonal ingredients) ● 1∕2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1∕4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper in grinder
- water, 1/3 cup
- To make pastry combine warm water, butter, salt, black pepper and knead for a few minutes. Cover
- Heat the oil in pan and brown the beef mince, about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally so it does not burn. Set aside.
- Sweat the ginger, onion, garlic for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spices and toast them for about 1 minute to release flavour.
- Add the browned beef minced, a little bit of water and deglaze.
- Simmer covered for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Leave to cool
- Roll out the pastry into round shapes, cut in half and add the filling like so.
- Seal gently, heat oil on medium heat and fry them
- Serve with hot tea or a cold beverage