Nyama Choma Recipe
Find Nyama Choma Recipe below. Nyama choma is a swahili word for “roast meat.” Nyama choma goes very well with ugali. It is famous and loved by many in Kenya and other parts of the world.
You will find it from the finest restaurants to roadside shacks. It is always eaten with the hands. Common accompaniments include Kachumbari salad and ugali. We are going to look at the steps on how to make nyama choma.
What is Nyama Choma?
Nyama choma is roasted meat. The name nyama choma is a Swahili name “roast meat.” nyama choma is loved by many. Sometimes a party is not complete without having a nyama choma.
How to Prepare Nyama Choma
Nyama Choma Recipe: 5 to 7 servings
- Beef or Goat meat, 3 pounds, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 2 cups Warm water
- 2 tablespoons Salt
How to Make Nyama Choma
1. Prepare your grill or jiko and have it hot ready to place the meat.
2. Clean the mesh, to ensure the taste is not altered, and place it in place.
3. Toss the meat with the oil and then thread it on skewers.
4. Take the warm water add salt and stir until it dissolves
5. Grill the skewered meat; occasionally sprinkle it with the salt water, until it is cooked to your desired doneness.
6. When ready, remove the meat from the skewers.
7. Serve with kachumbari salad and ugali.