Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Recipe
Get Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Recipe and prepare a delicious meal for your family. In less than 15-minutes of preparation, you will be out of the kitchen. This deliciously low-fat dish gets much better when served with reduced fat sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken is a healthy meal that can become one of your favorites.
The recipe is very easy to make as it uses basic ingredients, perfect recipe for a weekend afternoon, or evening.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans black beans 15 ounces each, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies 14-1/2 ounces, undrained
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth 14-1/2 ounces
- 1 jar chunky salsa 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place the broth, beans, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, corn and seasonings in the cooker and mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the thermometer reads 170°.
Remove and shred chicken with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; heat through.
Serve with rice.